5/26/08

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

Reviewed by: J. Keenan

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 is the follow-on model to Sony's first DSLR, the entry-level A100. According to Sony, the 10.2 megapixel A200 is faster, lighter, and easier to use than its predecessor, in addition to providing improved noise control and AF acquisition times. Not having ever had my hands on an A100, I'll have to defer to Sony on those points.

But having got my hands on the A200, I can tell you that after only a brief time with the camera that the shutter response is very good, AF acquisition times are also very good, and image quality (JPEG Fine so far, until I figure out how to open Sony's RAW file) seems fine, no pun intended. One of the first shots I took was an auto WB of a framed picture lit by an incandescent floodlamp, and color reproduction was very true.

Flash recycle times appear to be good as well. The camera is a little larger than the recently reviewed Olympus E-420, but I still have the little finger of the right hand completely under the camera body - not a completely comfortable grip for me, but better than the Olympus (which was just a little too small for my taste).

Via DigitalCameraReview

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Geeks2las  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial
Welcome to Geeks2las on Gadgets and Technologies